Our Intellectual Property & Technology Practice partner Deborah Lodge (Washington) will be speaking in a Clear Law Institute webinar on the European Trademark system and Brexit’s impact on trademark rights – Deciphering and Maximizing Key Benefits of the European Trademark System and the Fallout from Brexit scheduled for June 21, 2017 at 1:00 to 2:15 pm EDT.
This interactive program will focus on practical strategies for US companies looking to protect their trademark rights in Europe. Among other topics, the webinar will discuss:
- The key differences between the US and the European trademark registration systems.
- The major changes that were recently made to EU trademark law, including those that will be implemented on October 1, 2017.
- The various options open to US trademark owners for protecting their trademark rights in Europe.
- Considerations for deciding whether to file trademark applications directly in a European country or in the EU, or through the Madrid Protocol Treaty.
- Whether trademarks should be registered with Customs in the EU and/or member countries.
- Brexit: the timeline for the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, and how that is likely to affect the options for US trademark owners. The Brexit discussion follows up on a recently updated white paper concerning the impact of Brexit on IP rights.
Our readers can use the code: SPKR35 to receive a 35% discount on the US$199 registration fee. Register here.