What a year it’s been: From the addition of Lexicata to the Clio family, to a slew of updates and additions to Clio, to our biggest and best Clio Cloud Conference yet, we’ve had plenty of exciting announcements at Clio—and we hope 2018 has been just as productive and profitable at your firm.
To close out the year, we’re reflecting on 365 days of 2018 by celebrating 35 major
feature updates, 60 new integrations, and an exciting sneak peek at the year ahead.
Read on for an overview of 2018 product updates!
A better way to Grow
One of the biggest updates of the year was Clio’s acquisition of Lexicata, a leading CRM and client intake tool, which—as part of Clio’s suite of products—will evolve into the more advanced Clio Grow, launching early 2019.
For modern law firms, taking a client-centered approach is becoming more and more important to staying profitable and competitive. With a suite of tools to help address the entire client journey, including initial consults and intake, you’ll be better positioned than ever to succeed.
According to the 2018 Legal Trends Report, 47% of legal consumers are more likely to hire a lawyer who accepts automated payments, and 40% of legal consumers would never hire a lawyer who didn’t take credit or debit cards.
In other words, the ability to process payments quickly and smoothly is key to your law
firms success, so we’re continually adding more features to make it easier for
your firm to streamline this process.
Here’s what we added in 2018:
- Payment Plans: Set up customized payment plans that work for you and your clients. Create a plan for every client to simplify and automate credit card billing, helping to collect on receivables, reduce overhead (you’ll spend less time chasing down payments), and deliver a better client experience with convenient payment options.
- Clio Secure Payment Link: Embed a firm-branded payments page on your
website or send a secure link to your client, allowing them to pay an invoice
or make a deposit into trust by filling out their information and paying
securely online with Clio Payments.
- Evergreen Management: Track, maintain, and replenish trust balances
with our Evergreen Management suite of features.
- Updated Fee Allocation Report: Collaborate on cases, and ensure fair
compensation. Determine the percentages of a paid invoice that should be
allocated to each attorney that worked on a case with this simple report.
- Clio Payments for Canadians: So you want to receive credit card payments from
clients, eh? Clio Payments is now available in Canada (as well as the US).
- Clio Payments Notifications: Control and customize who receives Clio Payments notifications with greater flexibility.
- Clio Payments Transactions Table: Get a bird’s-eye view of the status of all your Clio Payments transactions so you can review, void, or refund credit card payments, and more.
- Bill Payment Edits: Easily edit and delete payments to allow for
Reminder: Many of the above features are available once you sign up for Clio Payments (powered by LawPay)—and Clio will cover your $20 LawPay when you activate Clio Payments.
Whether billing by the hour or on a contingency basis, client work is what drives revenue. The more time you dedicate to your billable work, the more earnings you’ll see for your firm.
However, the Legal Trends Report found that, on average, law firms record just 2.4 billable hours in an eight-hour day. We’ve spoken to plenty of law firms that find too much of their time gets taken up by administrative work, so we’re always looking to add tools and features to help streamline these processes.
- Clio Launcher: Save hours with a new click-to-edit workflow; eliminating the need to download, edit, and upload a document when updates or changes are required. You can now work in your favorite document editor with one click, and save changes back to Clio without thinking—or clicking—twice.
- Clio Outlook Add-in: Quickly and easily save emails, email threads, and attachments to matters in Clio. You can even track time from Outlook 365 directly to a matter in Clio!
- Custom Field Columns: Display up to five columns of custom field information on the Matter listing page and get a bird’s-eye view of the most important information for your firm, streamlining your ability to assess and report on the details that matter.
- Bulk Matter Status Updates: Streamline end-of-month administrative tasks by changing the status of multiple cases with ease.
- Activities Quick Filters: Filter your activities by day, week, month, or year in one click to easily navigate billable activities.
- Data Exports: We’re continuing to improve the exporting of information to CSV (and PDF) format from Clio.
- Recents View: Quickly navigate to the most-recently engaged with Contacts and Matters from any screen.
- Bulk Download of LEDES Invoices: Download multiple invoices at once to save time.
See all the updates we’ve added over 2018 here, and keep an eye out for messages in Clio to alert you of new additions!
60 new integration partners in 2018
In 2017 we launched the Clio App Directory, an easy-to-use directory of all the apps and services that integrate with Clio. Since then, the directory has grown at an incredible rate, with 60 new integration partners added in 2018 alone.
We also held our $100,000 Launch//Code contest, featuring five innovative finalists who pitched their integrations live at the Clio Cloud Conference to our keynote audience and panel of judges. (Congratulations to the winner: Tali!).
Looking for a way to customize and streamline specific firm workflows even further? Here are the 60 apps that were added in 2018:
That’s it for 2018! We hope you’ve had an incredible year, and wish you plenty of success in 2019.
Stay tuned for more exciting updates from Clio in the new year.