Dover Dixon Horne member Matt Boch, along with co-presenters Jim Saxton (Friday Eldredge & Clark) and Paul Gehring (Assistant Commissioner and Chief Counsel of the Department of Finance and Administration), will speak at the upcoming NBI seminar on Arkansas Sales and Use Tax for Manufacturers on September 11, 2019 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
This seminar takes a focused look at the various sales and use tax issues that manufacturers face in what is arguably the most complex part of the Arkansas tax system. The seminar is particularly helpful for tax professionals who are relatively new to the sales and use tax function, and even experienced tax professionals should find the program’s tips and best practices helpful, as well as the thoughtful group discussions and Q&A.
The course runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. and is eligible for CPE and CLE. It will take place at the Hampton Inn & Suites in West Little Rock Arkansas, September 11, 2019. You can register online by clicking here.
Matt will cover the Manufacturing Process and Related Purchases as well as Industrial Inducements (credits and incentives). Other items on the agenda include:
- Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Exemption (“Manufacturers Exemption”);
- Legislative, Judicial and Regulatory Developments;
- Service to Machinery and Equipment (and Other Taxable Services);
- Sales and Use Tax Issues Involved in Plant Construction;
- Sales by Manufacturers; and
- Administrative Compliance, Audits, Hearings, Appeals and the Taxpayer Bill of Rights (and Practice Tips).