What You Need to Know about Protecting Company Assets in the Age of Employee Mobility and Digital Theft
Thursday, November 14, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Central Time: Breakfast & Registration
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Central Time: Program
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 8000
Chicago, IL 60606
There is no cost to attend but registration is required and seating is limited.
About the Program
Significant developments in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in Congress and State legislatures, have changed the landscape of trade secret protection and restrictive covenant enforcement. Understanding the impact of these changes, and the tools now available to employers for trade secret protection and restrictive covenant enforcement, will help your company safeguard its most valuable assets and maintain its advantage over competitors.
Please join us for a fast-paced and informative discussion that analyzes recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law, and provides “best practices” for protecting your company’s most valuable assets—trade secrets, intellectual property and employees.
The program will focus on practical responses to the following issues and questions:
- The current flux of Illinois Restrictive Covenant Law due to conflicting opinions from Appellate Courts and how to best position your company in this new Restrictive Covenant environment.
- An update on recent restrictive covenant legislation proposed, and in some cases passed, in Congress and State legislatures.
- The interplay between criminal and civil law, and a discussion about several high profile criminal cases involving trade secret theft.
- Your new hire is bound by a restrictive covenant agreement—what now?
- What to do when a former employee attempts to raid your company’s employees and confidential information?
- How to best protect confidential information and intellectual property in today’s digital age.
- Kristine Argentine
- J. Scott Humphrey
- Katelyn Miller
- Michael Wexler