On Tuesday, January 28 at 12:00 p.m. Central, in the first installment of the 2020 Trade Secrets Webinar Series, Seyfarth attorneys will review noteworthy legislation, cases and other legal developments from across the nation over the last year in the area of trade secrets and data theft, non-competes and other restrictive covenants, and computer fraud. Plus, they will provide predictions for what to watch for in 2020 and provide an overview of the material law changes in Seyfarth’s 2019-2020 Non-Compete Desktop Reference.
Seyfarth attorneys Michael Wexler, Robert Milligan, and Joshua Salinas will address the following topics:
- Significant new federal and state court decisions and legislation on non-compete and other restrictive covenants that may impact their enforcement
- Discussion of legislative and regulatory efforts to narrow use of non-competes and how companies should respond and the likelihood and impact of potential federal legislation
- The Defend Trade Secrets Act and tips for navigating the law and an overview of what we know now that it’s been in effect for more than 3 years
- Recent trade secret misappropriation decisions
- Noteworthy data breaches and criminal prosecutions for trade secret misappropriation, data theft, and computer fraud matters and discussion of lessons learned
- Best practices for updating agreements and policies to adequately protect company assets and trade secrets, including addressing the challenge for multi-state employers of an increasing divergence of state laws
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.