I’ve been excited to wear my Valentine’s Day shirt with a dozen Roses (as in Betty Whites) for a while.
Not everyone loves Valentine’s Day – like me – so remember to always love yourself, be yourself, be humble, don’t sweat the small stuff, tend to yourself with acts of self-care, and most importantly be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up for past mistakes – strength lies in what we overcome.
Your life can change in an instant so make sure to show those around you how much you love them and don’t take anything or anyone for granted. Try to show gratitude to others in your life each day. And be thankful for all you have and all of those people in your life who support and love you.
While our careers are incredibly important, what really matters at the end of the day is the love we have for ourselves and for others in our lives.
Things you can do for yourself on a day like today:
- Buy yourself flowers
- Treat yourself to a nice meal with people who have your back
- Go out in nature
- Take workout or yoga class
- Go to a bookstore and treat yourself to something uplifting
- Go to bed early
- Get a massage
- Offer to babysit for a loved one who could use a night out
- Tell those in your life that you love them
- Stay away from toxic people who make you feel bad about yourself
- Love yourself first
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all.