For corporate income/excise taxpayers, the order means:
- The Oregon tax return filing due date for tax year 2019 is automatically extended from May 15, 2020 until July 15, 2020. Returns due after May 15, 2020 are not extended.
- Any tax payment with a 2019 Oregon due by May 15, 2020 is automatically extended to July 15, 2020. Payments with returns due after May 15, 2020 are not extended.
- The time for making estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 is not extended.
- Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or notify the DOR to qualify for this Oregon tax filing and payment extension.
- Any interest and penalties with respect to Oregon tax filings and payments extended by the DOR order will begin accruing on July 16, 2020.
- The DOR order does not provide an automatic extension for the payment or deposit of any other type of Oregon tax or for the filing of Oregon information returns.