Times of crisis offer us all the opportunity to rise to the occasion. At Lawline, we are using this time to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, our employees, and our community. That’s why we are committing to donate $30,000 to frontline workers over the next few months.
As a business headquartered in the epicenter of the U.S. pandemic, we have so far focused on healthcare workers in New York and New Jersey, as well as organizations and hospitals where family and friends of Lawline team members are working on the front lines or directly feeding these heroes. Some of the critical organizations we have donated to so far are:
- Frontline Foods: This amazing program raises funds for local restaurants to provide meals to hospital workers all over the country.
- Bikur Cholim: This volunteer driven organization has delivered meals to ICU nurses and doctors in hospitals across central New Jersey, as well as over 100 households with affected family members.
- Trinitas Medical Center: Lawline’s donation has paid for PPE as well as meals for healthcare workers at this Elizabeth, New Jersey medical center.
- Glen Oaks Volunteer Ambulance Corps: This all-volunteer ambulance corps is at risk due to municipal budget shortfalls. Our donation went towards operating costs to keep the program open during the crisis.
- John T. Mather Memorial Hospital: Our donation fed ER staff at this Long Island mainstay.
- Mt. Sinai Hospital in Miami: Our donation went towards meals for doctors, nurses and hospital staff.
- City Harvest: Designated as an essential service by Governor Cuomo to serve as New York City’s private response to hunger and largest food rescue organization, our donation to City Harvest was mobilized to feed families in need during the COVID-19 pandemic, and right now BlackRock is matching every gift, dollar-for-dollar, up to $750,000, through June 30, stretching our support twice as far.
- Holy Name Medical Center: Lawline ordered dinner for employees from Mama’s Empanadas, and our web developer Alberto Mayanga personally delivered the food to the Emergency Room front line workers, supporting both frontline workers and an important local business.
- Mount Sinai Hospital: Our donation helped provide Mt Sinai’s clinicians with PPE, and helped its researchers, who are developing therapies and searching for a vaccine to be used worldwide.
We are grateful to all the healthcare workers, delivery workers, and other essential personnel working to make sure the country continues to function, and we are grateful for our ability to give back to them during these times.
- Critical Legal Considerations for Healthcare Providers Responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Five Great Ways to Do Pro Bono Online (Coronavirus Edition)
- Creating a Coronavirus Response Plan: What You Need to Know Now