With the Fourth of July coming, many people are preparing for their celebrations. This generally includes barbecues, pool parties, and the traditional firework displays. While fireworks can be exciting to have, they can also be potentially hazardous in the event that they are not used properly and safely. It is because of this that there are crucial safety tips to remember when using them during the upcoming holiday season. Continue reading to learn more.
What are Tips for Safe Preparation?
When people purchase fireworks, they are often excited to light them right away. While this is understandable, it is important to not jump the gun and be sure to implement the right safety precautions. To prepare fireworks safely, keep the following in mind:
- Do not buy fireworks that come in brown paper. They are for professionals and should not be used in small neighborhoods.
- Make sure adults are present and children never access fireworks alone
- Keep water nearby, such as a hose, in the event that a fire starts
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never light fireworks in a glass or metal container
- Be sure that fireworks are legal in your area before buying them
- Keep your pets inside so they do not become scared or hurt
What are Tips for Lighting Fireworks?
Once the fireworks are set up safely, it is time to light them. In doing so, be sure to keep in mind the following safety precautions so that you do not injure yourself or any guests attending the fireworks:
- Wear eye protection at all times
- Only light one firework at a time
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Never light fireworks in your hand
- Be sure all spectators are at a safe distance away from the display
- Quickly back a safe distance away after lighting the display
- Do not throw or point fireworks at another person
- Never pick up and relight a firework if it did not properly combust
- After a firework goes off, wait 20 minutes then douse it with cool water
- Never consume drugs or alcohol while lighting fireworks
Contact our Firm
We understand the implications of a serious accident. If you believe you were injured due to another party’s negligence, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced firm. We are more than willing to help you recover the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Our personal injury specialists at Greenberg & Walden, LLC are standing by for a free initial consultation. Call us at 201-528-6928.
The post What are Important Firework Safety Tips to Remember for the Fourth of July in New Jersey? appeared first on Greenberg & Walden, LLC.