Deadline. No specific deadline
Location. Brussels or Strasbourg
Members of the European Parliament may offer paid traineeships at their offices in the premises of the European Parliament in Brussels (or Strasbourg) based on an agreement with the European Parliament. A traineeship will enhance your education and your vocational training. It will allow you to better understand the working methods of the Members of the European Parliament. The MEPs’ traineeships may be undertaken in a wide variety of fields. The Member of Parliament who awards the traineeship will assign specific tasks to be completed during the traineeship.
Eligibility. Members freely choose their trainees. However, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- be aged 18 or over (derogations from this age limit can be granted in response to a duly substantiated request);
- be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or an accession/candidate country. Nevertheless, Members may offer a traineeship to nationals of third countries, provided they comply with visa requirements;
- have obtained a secondary-school leaving certificate corresponding to the level required for entry to university, or have followed a higher or technical course of study to an equivalent level, or have obtained a university diploma;
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union;
- not be party to an employment contract or any working contractual relationship during their traineeship;
- not have carried out a previous traineeship with a Member, nor have previously worked as a parliamentary assistant to a Member, whether local or accredited.
For detailed information, please visit the official website.