As temperatures drop and many of us are cancelling our usual holiday plans, it’s the perfect time to stay home and catch up on some CLE. With topics ranging from sexual harassment claims under the federal Fair Housing Act to maintaining ADA compliance in the workplace during the pandemic, something is sure to pique your interest. And for all of the Virginia attorneys looking to fulfill their extended deadline of December 31st, don’t stress! We have over 30 Virginia-approved webcasts for you to choose from this month. Check out some of our December CLE highlights below.
- Citizenship, Statelessness & Denaturalization: The International Legal Landscape. Stateless persons are individuals that are not recognized as citizens of any state, and this lack of legal status results in many barriers and limited access to employment, education, healthcare, property ownership, among others. This program provides a better understanding of statelessness and how it affects populations globally, and reviews denaturalization discourse in the U.S., applicable U.S. law, and relevant case studies. Airing December 10, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- COVID-19 & the ADA: Maintaining Healthy & Compliant Workplaces. Maintaining a compliant and healthy workplace remains a crucial part of reopening businesses and offices during the COVID-19 pandemic. This program guides businesses through reopening while being ADA compliant and discusses best practices in terms of health checks, PPE, responding to mental health issues resulting from the pandemic, and more. Airing December 15, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. (EST)
- Investigating and Litigating Sexual Harassment Claims under the Federal Fair Housing Act. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought on a host of new issues, including a surge in sexual harassment of tenants by landlords and property managers, resulting in unlawful discrimination under the federal Fair Housing Act. This program guides attorneys through bringing these claims, starting with a review of the Fair Housing Act, the legal standards governing harassment claims, and investigative strategies. Airing December 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. (EST)
If you can’t attend a live webcast, don’t worry! All of our courses go on-demand within 48 hours after airing (and you can check them out with our free trial). Check out some recent highlights:
- Advocating for Honorable Character of Discharge Determinations to Access VA Health Care. There are many factors that determine if a former servicemember will qualify for VA healthcare. This program discusses the factors of eligibility, guides attorneys through advocating for their client’s honorable character, and identifies ways attorneys can help veterans access the VA healthcare system. Originally aired on November 12, 2020
- Trends in IP Litigation and the Impact of 2020 Moving Forward. 2020 has seen a lot of changes in intellectual property law. This program analyzes the recent changes and developments in copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, and what the future of IP law might be. Originally aired on November 17, 2020
- Perfecting a Winning Strategy for Asylum Applications (Update). Asylum applications in the U.S. continue to increase annually, and immigration practitioners should be up-to-date on the latest legal developments. This program addresses hot topics in asylum practice, and how to develop a strong asylum case. Originally aired on November 30, 2020