1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mountain
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
In the first installment of the 2021 Trade Secrets Webinar Series, Seyfarth attorneys will review noteworthy legislation, cases, and other legal developments from across the nation over the last year in the area of trade secrets and data theft, non-competes and other restrictive covenants, and computer fraud. Plus, they will provide predictions for what to watch for in 2021.
Seyfarth attorneys Michael Wexler, Robert Milligan, and Joshua Salinas will address the following topics:
- Significant new legislation on non-compete and other restrictive covenants and related court decisions that may impact their enforcement
- Discussion of legislative and regulatory efforts to narrow use of non-competes and how companies and the likelihood and impact of potential federal legislation under the Biden administration
- The Defend Trade Secrets Act and tips for navigating the law and an overview of what we know now that it’s been in effect for more than 4 years
- Recent significant trade secret misappropriation decisions concerning damages, fees, and pleading
- Recent computer fraud cases, including Van Buren v. United States, and criminal prosecutions for trade secret misappropriation and discussion of lessons learned
- Best practices for updating and structuring agreements and policies to adequately protect company assets and trade secrets, including addressing the challenge for multi-state employers of an increasing divergence of state laws
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at email@example.com and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar is approved in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Credit will be applied for, but cannot be guaranteed, in all other eligible jurisdictions. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending each webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.