Can child support payments be temporary suspended?

Jay’s Answer (Criminal Law Attorney with offices in Kenosha & Janesville WI)

I agree with the answers so far, but would add that nothing in family court will change automatically. Therefore, even if she gets a long jail sentencing (anywhere the six-month maximum on the OWI, but potentially more on the other misdemeanors), your child support will continue throughout the entire sentence and go to her. If you do not like that idea, you need to get an experienced family attorney onboard immediately, since it is almost impossible to get credit retroactively, from any time before your formal support modification paperwork is filed.