In the LexBlog community, there are few—if any—bloggers who do a better job of making their blog their home base of a larger internet presence better than Anthony Zaller.
The author of the California Employment Law Report joined This Week in Legal Blogging to discuss how he positions his blog as a resource for Golden State businesses, why he supplements blog posts with video and audio and the impact the blog has had on his practice.
For weekly chats with the best bloggers in our community, with insight on what’s worked for them, be sure to subscribe to This Week in Legal Blogging wherever you get your podcasts—including:
If you’re on Apple, be sure to drop us a rating and a review.
For the second week in a row, we’re talking with an employment law blogger—and it’s another good one. Anthony Zaller joins the program to discuss, in addition to a number of other subjects, why and how he makes his posts so accessible. That also includes, when speaking to his Friday Five series, how it helps him come up with post ideas. On that, he says once you get over the initial hump, coming up with post ideas actually comes quite easy. He also explains how, once he has the posts, he can put those out in podcasts or YouTube videos as well.
- 1:20 – Anthony on his practice and the type of work he does
- 3:00 – How he got started blogging, and how the effort moved with him from one firm to another
- 5:00 – His blogging habit and what his workflow looks like how here in 2021
- 5:45 – His Friday’s Five series and how it keeps him blogging
- 9:45 – Anthony’s audience and how he writes to them, positioning his blog as a resource
- 12:30 – How the blog is great as a library of content that can then be distributed out to clients in place of rewriting emails over and over
- 14:00 – Why the blog is his go-to, at the center of his internet presence
- 15:30 – The other places he distributes his content, including Instagram
- 17:30 – Podcasts and how they can be such a great way for people to consume information
- 18:50 – His rhythm for coming up with post ideas and how the content comes after that
- 21:30 – How things like blogging and podcasting are nice because it’s such a great way to connect with people
- 22:00 – How blogging works for business development and why it’s so great for existing clients
- 25:00 – The interesting relationships and opportunities that arise as a result of blogging
- 27:00 – The advice Anthony has for other bloggers