Late Tuesday, news broke that OSHA had submitted in vaccine mandate Emergency Temporary Standard to the White House’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs for its review. What does this mean? It means that OSHA has taken the first important step towards publishing the ETS and implementing its vaccine mandate for employers with 100 or more employees.
- How is the 100-employees limit calculated?
- If an employee tests in lieu, who pays for the tests?
- Are employees paid for time spent getting vaccinated and testing?
- Are remote workers excluded?
- Are exceptions provided for disabilities and religion?
- How will employers track vaccines and tests?
- How will OSHA enforce this mandate?
- How does the ETS impact states with state OSHA plans?