In this episode, Alay and Austin discuss:
- Identifying your niche (and taking it deeper than the surface level).
- Stepping out of the day-to-day doing and the process of discovery.
- Breaking through the noise.
- Staying top of mind in your narrow niche area.
- Be dedicated to your niche. Stand by it and share with other attorneys your expertise.
- Lawyers need to find a way to stay top of mind so that when their potential client has a need, their client remembers them and reaches out.
- When you enjoy what you do, it is easier to talk about it.
- The selection of a professional service provider is often an exercise in chemistry.
- “Are you passionate enough that you’re willing to go down the path or the process to make that happen? What are you uniquely qualified to do?” — Austin Tenette
- “We only know two attorneys across the country that do this kind of work. That right there is a demonstration of the power of a niche. ” — Alay Yajnik
- “When you’re doing what you love, the time goes quickly.” — Austin Tenette
- “Whether you enjoy marketing and business development or not, you’re gonna have to make time for it. If you’re spending too much time billing or you’re spending too much time administrating, you’re not going to have the time that you need to invest to build your law firm.” — Alay Yajnik
About Austin Tenette:
Austin Tenette helps law firm owners rethink current practices and get clear on their visions for their firms. Austin helps his clients achieve law firm success by helping them identify what needs to change. It can be as simple as tweaking a few key performance indicators or as complex as embracing a full-blown business transformation. Then, Austin guides his clients to implement changes and reap the rewards. As a Certified Practice Advisor, Austin brings over 25 years of business development, management, and leadership experience in professional services. Austin holds an MBA from UCLA’s Anderson School of Management.
Areas of Expertise:
Strategy, Business Development, Personal Productivity, Hiring and Management, Systems, Leadership, Starting a New Law Firm
Connect with Austin Tenette:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com