Location: Simmons College – Boston, USA
Deadline: December 1, 2021
Simmons College was founded in Boston in 1899 as a private college offering undergraduate programs for women. The college was founded by John Simmons in 1899, who believed that women should be able to live independently and offered higher education and the opportunity for women to hold leadership positions.
The college offers the Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program. It is a competitive scholarship program offering a full scholarship to top students who are interested in Simmons transformational learning, research and development.
The Kotzen Scholarship provides full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more. This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Students’ test scores must be as follows, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended and a 1300 or higher on the SAT
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honours, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems.
The application consists of 2 essays, as well as a resume.
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3,000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.”
Applicants must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the University by December 1.
Finalists for scholarship consideration will be notified in mid-January. Recipients will be notified by March 1.
For more details, please visit the official website.