Personal injury can be an injury to the body, mind, or emotions. You are eligible to file a lawsuit in case of injury to your body or mind. However, one of the primary requirements is that the injury is due to the negligence of another person. Tons of such lawsuits are filed every year and are highly numerous as a result of car accidents. Personal injuries can occur in many other ways, it can even be a physiological issue. Some of the common reasons include birth injuries, car accidents, slip or fall, spinal injury. You have the option of either contacting a personal injury attorney in California or attempting to do it yourself.
The process of filing a lawsuit is quite straightforward and at times you can settle out of court via negotiations as well. However, this is not always the case. It often happens that you may be forced to settle for less by the opposing attorney or the insurance companies give you a tough time. This is when you need the expertise of a trained lawyer by your side to prevent the mattress from getting worse. This article explains why you need to seek help from a good lawyer for a personal injury case.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Personal Injury Attorney in California
- A lawyer will have the resources to conduct an investigation and find a witness. A witness can be crucial in the case where negotiations fail and matters go to court. It often happens that the defendant denies negligence on their part and may even accuse you of causing the accident.
- One of the common issues you are likely to face is dealing with the lies of the defendant that are almost impossible to deal with. The experts tend to utilize a very useful technique, “Accident Reconstruction” to bring clarity and prove a point. Accident reconstruction is done based on the facts in hand and using maths, sciences, and laws of physics. This technique can be used to clarify several factors like speed of the vehicle, where the collision occurred, traffic light violations, negligence, and cause of the accident.
- They can conduct a special investigation of the medical issue to detect design defects or other issues with a product that led to the injury.
- There is often a need to prove that the injuries suffered were due to the negligence of the other person. A good lawyer will have the resources to establish this based on the medical reports of an expert.
- With a well-trained and professional lawyer by your side with the necessary skills to negotiate you can improve your chances.
- You can recover faster and receive the medical attention you deserve while they handle the legal issues and fight to ensure you receive compensation.
- They have the necessary skills to settle with negotiations thus saving you time and money.
- If you do need to go to court, you will be represented by someone with a good knowledge of the legal aspects pertaining to such a case.
Important Facts & Statistics
- This type of lawsuit is handled by a civil court and is not initiated by the government.
- There is a time limit for filing a lawsuit although the statute-of-limitations vary in each state.
- There are 6 million car accidents every year.
- Approximately 31 million Americans require medical assistance every year due to medical injuries.
- Auto accidents result in roughly 3 million injuries and 40,000 fatalities every year.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Do some research to find a good lawyer offering the type of services you are interested in.
- Asking your friends or relatives for references is a good idea.
- Check the reviews and testimonials of the lawyers. This is usually available online; Contacting previous clients is also a good technique.
- You will need someone with good communications skills and an ability to negotiate well.
- Select those who specialize in personal injury cases and have a degree from a reputed university. Ideally, they should be at the top of their class.
Saw Law specializes in personal injury cases pertaining to slips-and-falls, accidents, medical negligence, and much more. They have extensive experience in working on such cases and meet the requirements of a good lawyer. The partners are from some of the highly prestigious universes in California like UC Berkeley and UCLA. Contact the lawyers here for legal assistance. They provide legal help in various fields like personal injury, employment law, and intellectual property.