Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #86, we are joined by Eli Neal, principal at 4 Corners Financial Forensics. We discuss:
- How IRS 280E impacts cannabis business valuations, especially retail marijuana shops.
- What factors are key in determining cannabis business value, whether you are using the income, market, or asset approach.
- What do you do when your business partners do not keep good financial records and how to recreate financial statements from receipts and bank statements (if there are any).
- How Eli developed clientele in his mid-20s when competing with larger accounting firms.
- The best way for business owners to avoid a valuation fight (hint: the shotgun approach generally works best with one joint appraisal rather than competing appraisals)
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Federico A. de Jesús, Principal at FDJ Solutions!