In this episode, Alay and Amy discuss:
- Transitioning from a trial lawyer to a mediation lawyer.
- Honing your message and understanding who you want to connect with.
- Rebranding within your own sphere of influence.
- Honing the language of your message in a refined way to narrow and focus on your niche.
- Change your message from “give me your business” to “how can I help you” and you will resonate better with other people.
- Use your network to grow and be referred to those who will use your services.
- Your niche and practice will become more focused as your firm grows and evolves.
- Evolving your message and your focus will help you to focus in on your branding and your marketing.
- “Based on what your practice was, you tend to go in the direction of that in your mediation practice as well.” — Amy Mariani
- “Rather than approaching them directly, and asking them for their business, or to help you out, you’re better off asking them for their help and building your business by referring you to others and giving you other opportunities to talk about your firm.” — Alay Yajnik
- “It’s okay to start off broad. You’re not going to be able to figure out what your specific target market is – that process takes months, if not years. And it actually, in my opinion, never stops.” — Alay Yajnik
- “It’s making sure that I keep my eye on the ball of running the business while doing the business at the same time. I’ve got to be very good about making sure that I give up some of the control that I have over the business at an appropriate time.” — Amy Mariani
About Amy Mariani:
Amy Cashore Mariani has been assisting individuals and companies in resolving conflict for over twenty years, first during her career as a trial attorney, and then as a trained mediator, arbitrator, conciliator, facilitator, and adjunct law school faculty member. Through dialogue and separate reflection, she assists parties in prioritizing interests and assessing potential resolutions. She tailors her approach to each case based on the parties’ unique needs and circumstances.
Connect with Amy Mariani:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com