Editor’s Note: From time to time, ComplexDiscovery highlights publicly available or privately purchasable announcements, content updates, and research from cyber, data, and legal discovery providers, research organizations, and ComplexDiscovery community members. While ComplexDiscovery regularly highlights this information, it does not assume any responsibility for content assertions.
To submit recommendations for consideration and inclusion in ComplexDiscovery’s cyber, data, and legal discovery-centric service, product, or research announcements, contact us today.
A Legal Education Presentation prepared and presented by HaystackID®
- June 22, 2022
- Time: 12:00 PM ET (11:00 AM CT, 9:00 AM PT)
- Register Now (Lexology)
As borders blur and businesses expand, many companies face accelerating challenges in data protection, privacy, and cross-border transfers. Dealing with each of these areas on its own can be daunting, and addressing each of these areas together can be downright discouraging. However, with a solid understanding of requirements, roles, and responsibilities, information governance and legal discovery professionals can successfully navigate the difficulties of cross-border transfers and translate compliance challenges into business opportunities.
In this informational presentation, experts in areas ranging from data protection and privacy to data transfer and legal discovery will discuss and explain the best approaches, protocols, and practices for successfully guiding an organization’s data in a world of shields and Schrems.
- Contours of the Privacy Landscape: A Brief History of Privacy
- From Hypotheticals to Reality: Considering Data Protection
- Roles, Responsibilities, and Risk: Data Protection and Privacy Requirements and Compliance
- Documentation Matters: Transfer Mechanisms, Policies, Addenda, and Assessments
- Through the Lens of Discovery: Considerations for Legal Discovery Practitioners
- Tying it All Together: From Shield to Schrems to Cross-Border Transfer Confidence
- Chris Wall – Special Counsel for Global Privacy and Forensics and Data Protection Officer, HaystackID
- John Rosenthal – eDiscovery and Information Governance Attorney, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Debbie Reynolds – Global Data Privacy and Protection Expert Strategist
HaystackID is a specialized eDiscovery services firm that helps corporations and law firms securely find, understand, and learn from data when facing complex, data-intensive investigations and litigation. HaystackID mobilizes industry-leading cyber discovery services, enterprise solutions, and legal discovery offerings to serve more than 500 of the world’s leading corporations and law firms in North America and Europe. Serving nearly half of the Fortune 100, HaystackID is an alternative cyber and legal services provider that combines expertise and technical excellence with a culture of white-glove customer service. In addition to consistently being ranked by Chambers USA, the company was recently named a worldwide leader in eDiscovery Services by IDC MarketScape, a representative vendor in the Gartner Market Guide for E-Discovery Solutions, and a Legal Technology Trailblazer by The National Law Journal. Further, HaystackID has achieved SOC 2 Type II attestation in the five trust service areas of security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy. For more information about its suite of services, including programs and solutions for unique legal enterprise needs, go to HaystackID.com.
The post [Educational Webcast] You’ve Got to Move It: Data Protection and Privacy with Cross-Border Transfers appeared first on ComplexDiscovery.