Greenberg Traurig Shareholder David A. Zetoony, Co-Chair of the U.S. Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice, will present the Thomson Reuters West LegalEdcenter webinar, “AdTech and Data Privacy?” on Wednesday, March 22 at 3:00 pm EDT. AdTech is an important part of marketing and sales, and organizations that use AdTech must be aware of new rules and regulations as well as imminent technology changes. This webinar will explore innovative ways to deal with new laws, and common pitfalls, and it will cover the following topics:
- An explanation regarding the prevalent forms of browser-side targeted advertising (e.g., cookies and pixels) and CRM-side targeted advertising (e.g., custom audience and lookalike audience).
- An overview of what the technology actually is and how it works.
- New requirements to offer consumers the ability to opt out of targeted advertising, or solicit opt-in consent to targeted advertising.
- Communicating options in the age of ‘dark patterns.’
- Recent litigation and regulatory actions in this area.