As Senior Advisor for Vorys Health Care Advisors, LLC (“VHCA”), Ms. Bostick leverages nearly 30 years of health policy and technology systems experience across the public and private sectors. VHCA assists health care providers, business decision makers, professional associations and other stakeholders to address the challenges of a complex, rapidly changing local, state and federal health care environment.
Ms. Bostick began her careers as an advocate for people with disabilities, which has fueled her work in roles as a provider, payer, purchaser, health it leader and consultant.
• Health policy analysis, clarify design principles and goals for interoperable products, services and solutions; requirements elucidation; system solutioning; and business reporting and intelligence; and led firm’s User Group as a learning collaborative for rapid innovation.
• Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (“MITA”), clarifying the business’ vision and needs and translating into business capabilities and system requirements, reengineering business processes, and planning and procuring systems.
• Subject matter expert with CMS providing training, technical assistance and analytical brief to accelerate rapid implementation of the Medicaid EHR Incentive program
• MITA State Assessments, state technology roadmaps, State Medicaid HIT Plans, as well as work with health plans and Foundations to analyze regulations and design solutions
• Working business and governmental executives to develop business plans and expand health care programs and products
• Systems procurement, including state perspective as business leadership defining business case and requirements, developing proposals, evaluating and scoring responses, negotiating contract, as well as vendor perspective of governmental relations, proposal planning and response, contract negotiation and start-up and project plan
• Community based health care services for individuals with complex health care needs, including behavioral health care, developmental disabilities, children with severe emotional disturbance, and negotiating unique care coordination arrangements
As the Chief Administrative Officer for Ohio’s Medicaid program, she led the state’s largest technology project, Medicaid Information Technology System (“MITS”), to replace the state’s 30-year old Medicaid Management Information System with a MITA-aligned enterprise system. Ms. Bostick has served as an executive in private sector health care consulting firms, and private sector health IT firms. She brings a unique business perspective to the leadership of efforts to modernize Medicaid Enterprise Systems and expand the use of electronic health information records (“EHRs”) and health information exchange. Her passion and commitment is to implement interoperable health IT solutions that transform data on health outcomes, care experience and cost efficiency (“triple aim”) into meaningful information necessary for learning health systems.
She served in leadership positions in behavioral health care programs at the state, regional and program levels, as an executive in Ohio and Michigan protection and advocacy agencies leading teams of lawyers and advocates to advance legal rights of persons with disabilities, provided testimony, presentation and consultation for Congressional committees, state legislatures, controlling boards, boards of directors and keynoted at national conferences, authored a law review and other publications, and was elected to multiple terms as president of the National Association for Rights Protection and Advocacy.
Ms. Bostick holds a Masters degree in Public Policy and Administration from The Ohio State University. She has completed a project management series of courses through certified through Boston University. She has Bachelors of Science degree in Social Work from The Ohio State University.