The Editorial Intern will help with the running of LexBlog.com. They must have the ability to work solo or as part of a team, strong soft skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
They will gain exposure into what is involved in the day to day running of a large legal publication.
While not required, an interest or background in law is also helpful.
- Daily curation of LexBlog.com. You will be part of an editorial team responsible for updating LexBlog.com throughout the day by selecting and highlighting posts to feature.
- Crushing it on social media. Not only sharing LexBlog Network stories, but finding new ways to do so.
- Onboarding new blogs to the network and developing familiarity with member blogs
- Exploring and executing upon new content opportunities, from live social broadcasts to podcasts to quote graphics to videos.
- Helping to coordinate coverage of legal conferences and events, providing social recaps and other necessary materials.
At a minimum to qualify for this role you need:
- Experience in writing, reporting and blogging, with a background in journalism or comparable field.
- The ability to be a self-starter and self-sufficient.
- A strong understanding of and proven ability to run social media accounts.
- A high level of creativity, both in day-to-day tasks and larger objectives.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple stories, projects and tasks.
You will own this role if:
- You like having fun
- You like growing
- You like working with company leadership on a regular basis
- Have a ton of energy, energy that you bring to others
- Have a passion for blogging and other social media
- You are organized and systematic to a fault
- You like people and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a good writer
- You know done is better than perfect
- You do what it takes
Founded in 2004 to empower and inspire legal bloggers, LexBlog’s mission is to connect lawyers with people, for good. Through blogging “The LexBlog Way,” legal professionals build reputations and relationships, establish trust with the public and make the law and legal services more accessible.
LexBlog empowers legal professionals with a professional turnkey blogging solution that includes strategic consulting, professional design, managed WordPress platform, SEO, coaching, marketing and free ongoing support. All 100% guaranteed, so that any customer not satisfied with their blogging experience after one year may ask for the return of any monies they believe fair.
LexBlog inspires legal bloggers, worldwide, with a legal blogging community and network with other 27,000 legal bloggers. By including legal bloggers, both using the LexBlog platform and those publishing on other platforms, LexBlog is creating a premier legal news and commentary site and the leading source of syndicated legal blog content.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.