The Project Manager will own the discipline of project management at LexBlog and be responsible for planning and resource scheduling, scope management, assisting with backlog grooming and prioritization, and defining (and helping meet) acceptance criteria for product releases and iterations. The Project Manager will work closely with LexBlog’s talented design and development teams to help drive efficiency, organize concurrent projects, and release new features in a timely fashion.
- Maintain project schedule and prioritize tasks accordingly to meet release dates
- Manage resource allocation and own timelines and release schedules
- Collaborate with product owners to develop user stories and organize within a larger backlog
- Communicate to internal stakeholders regarding project progress
- Collaborate and coordinate between departments to aid in the introduction of new features or products
- Update product documentation and provide training for cross-disciplinary teams
- Identify trends within project lifecycle and leverage or resolve them to drive efficiency
- Own “doneness” for individual tasks and releases
- Perform testing and project post-mortem reviews of deployments and releases to ensure quality in both the product and process
- Four-year undergraduate degree with technology or project management emphasis
- Experience with WordPress and related web technologies
- Experience with the software development lifecycle and various project methodologies
- Demonstrated skills managing projects while interfacing with and expediting the work of technical teams
- Gathering requirements and estimating hours/budget and prepare & maintain scopes
- Experience with Jira and Google Suite
- 2-5 years experience managing complex internet technology projects delivered to enterprise businesses
- Experience with New Relic and site reliability tools
- Passionate about the open web, open source and empowering professionals to publish
Remote, United States
LexBlog offers a great benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, health club membership subsidy, work from anywhere, and Open PTO.
LexBlog empowers lawyers to increase their visibility and accelerate business relationships through the Internet, primarily through blogging. With LexBlog’s help, legal professionals use their subject matter expertise to drive powerful Sales. The American Bar Association and other key industry organizations routinely cite LexBlog as the legal industry’s authority on social media marketing.
LexBlog has grown into the world’s largest collection of professional blogs with more than 23,000 authors providing a regularly updated flow of legal opinion and analysis.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.