On February 22, 2018, Reed Smith’s IP, Tech & Data Group hosted a webinar discussing key priorities and strategies for compliance during the final three months remaining before the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on May 25, 2018. We have prepared a benchmarking report based on the data of more than 250 respondents spanning a variety of industry sectors.
The survey results show that there is still a mixed picture in relation to compliance with the GDPR with over 30 percent of participants either minimally prepared or not prepared at all. Interestingly, the trend and percent of those fully and moderately prepared were closely aligned to organizations with moderate to high senior management engagement. When it comes to the compliance tasks, the percentages show that companies are on the path to compliance over the next three months, but over 50 percent of participants still need to agree on strategy and implement the changes to the supply contracts, and nearly 36 percent of companies are still trying to understand requirements and to agree on a strategy for compliance.
To ensure clients are prepared for the changes being ushered in under the GDPR, our team has also prepared a suite of materials for your use, comprising:
- Flyer with the headline information you need to know, as an introduction to the Regulation
- Booklet providing a detailed look at the new obligations and changes from the previous legislation
- Fold-out guide listing the steps on the path to compliance
- Guide for compliance considerations in the final three months
- Client alert outlining the EU countries that have already implemented local GDPR laws