Today President Trump announced on Twitter that the U.S. was revoking California’s waiver under the Clean Air Act (CAA) which allowed it to impose stricter tailpipe emission standards than the federal ones. California’s Governor Newsom and Attorney General Becerra immediately announced that the state would file suit to challenge the revocation.
While the revocation has been characterized as an immediate rollback, the federal corporate averageContinue Reading
Listen to the Latest Episode of LawNext
Get the Front Page News
Receive LexBlog Front Page Updates by email
Second Circuit Revives Suit Against Fox News for “Campaign of Emotional Torture” Against Family of Murdered DNC Staffer
Interbank Settlement Initiative and Crypto Payment Solutions Expand, SEC and International Enforcement Actions Continue
A news round-up.
Looking at the efficacy of wildlife whistleblower programs
A recent review of wildlife whistleblower reward programs demonstrates “that the current wildlife whistleblower laws are insufficient and areContinue Reading
Corporate & D&O Risk – Updated Comments from Marty Lipton of Wachtell Lipton – ” Wachtell Lipton Discusses Directors’ Duties in an Evolving Risk and Governance Landscape”
Corporate officers and directors need to confront the serious risks they and their companies face in the current environment. Who says so? The famous Marty Lipton of Wachtell Lipton. SeeContinue Reading
— Protecting Innovation in an Innovative Way: What are China’s IP Courts?
After decades of engagement between US and Chinese legal experts on reforming IP protection in mainland China, ChineseContinue Reading
The Ontario Superior Court of Justice has reminded employers that terminating a fixed term employment contract early can prove to be expensive.Continue Reading
Department of Labor Provides Guidance on Retirement Plan Obligations When Employees Return From Military Service
- Eleventh Circuit Holds that a Guarantor Lacks Standing Under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- FCA, SEC, and CFTC updated joint statement on opportunistic strategies in credit derivatives market
- German regulator publishes English version of guidance regarding outsourcing by insurers to cloud services
- Service, therapy and emotional support animal odds and ends, Part 2
- Service, therapy and emotional support animal odds and ends, Part 1
- D.C. District Court Vacates CMS Final Rule, Finds that CMS’ Lesser Reimbursement of Services Provided at Grandfathered Off-Campus Provider-Based Departments Was Improper