The job of the legal and compliance teams is to make sure that their company’s data projects do not breach applicable laws.
Their task is not easy because the number of laws regulating the processing of data – particularly personal data – are increasing multiplying worldwide.
However, a focus solely on data compliance can prevent broader thinking about data strategy, and how legal and regulatory teams can contribute to value creation.
Hogan Lovells’ “Getting to data nirvana” guide helps open the door to broader thinking about data strategy, by showing how regulatory, contract, IP, competition and litigation strategy can be proactively engineered to create data value.
Regulatory silo-busting within financial institutions
In our third guide in the series, we look at:
- The underlying drivers for a successful data strategy.
- How regulatory experts can enhance this strategy by getting involved early in data strategy.
- How to create networks of data specialists who collaborate across regulatory silos.
Discover more about ‘Getting to data nirvana’
- Our first guide reviews the best way of understanding data value and ownership.
- Our second guide discusses how the GDPR can be used to create data value.
Take advantage of the far-reaching changes brought about by the GDPR with our European Privacy Tool, which offers realistic, practical and workable insights as well as templates, helping to ensure that you are successful in meeting the applicable regulatory requirements.
For more news and analysis that is tailored to you, as well as access to Hogan Lovells’ cutting-edge interactive Lawtech tools, register for free on Engage.
You can also keep track of all the Engage content by following our LinkedIn page.