♫ Open up your eyes now, tell me what you see..♫
Lyrics and music by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, recorded by The Beatles.
After too long a layover, I am bringing back the Legal New Year Predictions!
This year we are going to look at 16 different categories that seek to cover the bigger issues in law, education, access to justice, technology and what the future may hold. This is your chance to add your voice to what lies ahead for the legal profession in 2019. I will also be asking past and new contributors to chime in. I am hopeful that we can generate some interesting insights into where you see change happening in the legal profession and have some fun in the process.
Here are the categories:
2019 Prediction Categories
- AI in the law firm environment
- Alternate legal service providers
- Alternate business structures
- Law school education
- Post call legal training
- Blockchain and smart contracts
- Legal service regulation
- Practice management
- Legal technology
- Online justice/online dispute resolution/access to justice
- Law, ethics and technology
- Risks and speed bumps ahead for lawyers
- Strategic goals and planning for law firms
- The future of the legal profession
- Something you will be working on or thinking about in 2019
Send me your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be publishing these starting mid-December, 2018.
So gentle reader – tell me what you see!