On 17 July 2019 we hosted our most recent Innovation Lounge at our Washington, D.C. office. The Innovation Lounge is an associate networking event series which focuses not only on IP-issues, but on healthcare, regulatory issues, and privacy issues.
Summer associates, in-house counsel, IP associates, and members of advocacy groups listened to a panel of C-level executives and directors from Appian, Genesys, Results Redefined, and Frontpoint address concerns over data privacy, the balance of innovation and regulation, the changing face of healthcare, and how in the not-so distant future, anyone could develop software.
Chaired by Senior Associate Keith O’Doherty, the event featured pointed questions that fostered a lively dialogue on issues that included:
- The wary public perception on data privacy against the growing need for it in a data-driven world;
- The interactions of privacy and AI;
- The differences between a law firm and in-house career;
- A shift toward value-based healthcare in fixing a fragmented system; and
- Whether data is bound by jurisdictions.
To those who came to the event, thank you! Please be on the lookout for our next quarterly Innovation Lounge event.