A Message From Accellis Technology Group Regarding Coronavirus
This page will be updated with important information regarding Acellis Technology Group’s response to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Update 2: Friday, March 13, 2020, 9:18 a.m.
Supporting You While You Work From Home
As the events around COVID-19 continue to unfold, and many employers are enforcing or recommending a work from home policy, we are anticipating a large volume of tickets at the beginning of next week.
We want to help everyone navigate this new reality, and we ask that you keep a few things in mind as we work to support you:
- We must prioritize support for your company-issued devices first.
- We will do our best to troubleshoot personal devices but will be limited in our ability to help. Please understand that there are many variables when working with personal devices, and we will not be able to resolve them all.
- For this reason, we will have to limit the amount of time our engineers can dedicate to addressing personal device/home connection issues.
- Home Internet speeds, wireless connectivity, and total bandwidth usage can significantly impact your ability to work remotely and access servers.
Please also note that connecting previously unverified devices to your corporate network can represent increased security risks. If not handled properly, issues such as out of date operating systems, undetected viruses, and resident malware can be introduced to your company network. If we determine that any of these issues exist, we will have to inform users that we cannot continue supporting that device.
Before contacting us, we recommend that you try the following
- Reboot PC
- Reboot wireless access points and internet router
- Ensure you can get out to the internet from other devices (phone, smart tv, other computers)
- Run a virus and malware scan (if your home computer does not have anti-virus software, you can try some of the free online options
- Trend Micro’s HouseCall
- ESET’s Free Online Scanner
- Try connecting via your mobile device and not your home network
As we navigate these unprecedented challenges, please know that we are committed to delivering exceptional service, communications, and technology solutions while we determine our best course of action. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
Update 1: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 1:00 p.m.
How We Are Handling Coronavirus
Accellis Technology Group has been monitoring the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus) that continue to develop each day. We are actively taking the necessary steps to ensure we are well prepared to continue supporting our clients while providing for the safety of our team.
CRITICAL SUPPORT FUNCTIONS: Accellis has developed the systems and procedures necessary to support client technology services entirely remotely if required. Should our team be unable to report to the Accellis office, our support services will continue uninterrupted for as long as it is needed. Our remote access systems are fully functional and offer several paths of redundancy, and we have multiple employees trained in key processes should any specific employee become unable to work.
ON-SITE SUPPORT: In our best effort to comply with all health and safety recommendations, we are suspending all non-essential on-site visits effective Friday, March 13th, 2020, until further notice. In place of on-site visits, we have implemented our Remote Visit program. This program works as follows:
- Engineers will be scheduled for Remote Visits just as they are for on-site visits. They are assigned to only one client at a time.
- They will review open tickets with the primary business contact and contact end-users as needed to address their issues.
- They will perform all necessary network health checks and updates.
- At the conclusion of their work, they will recap their work with the primary contact and set the next steps for any open items.
For this effort be successful, we ask that businesses and users submit all open issues to email@example.com so that we can have a complete list of issues we’ll need to address. In the email subject line, be sure to list the person affected and problem. For example, ‘Bob Smith / Printer not working.’ In the body of the message, please indicate additional details, screenshots of error messages (if possible), the best way to contact you, and if there is a specific time you will be available.
If an engineer is required to be on-site, we will review each request to ensure the safety of all parties involved. We are dedicated to continuing excellent service without interruption as we navigate through the current health precautions involving Coronavirus.
We are highly confident that we are prepared to support our clients as usual while we work through this challenging situation. All our usual communication channels, including office phone numbers, employee email, and support email, should continue to function normally.
Please contact us if we can help you navigate these challenges, or if you have any questions about this communication.