On Friday, May 22, 2020, the US Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) announced in two separate press releases that it would be adding a number of companies and governmental entities to the Entity List.
A total of nine companies, as follows, will be added for their involvement in human rights violations in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region:
- China’s Ministry of Public Security’s Institute of Forensic Science;
- Aksu Huafu Textiles Co.;
- CloudWalk Technology;
- FiberHome Technologies Group;
- Nanjing FiberHome Starrysky Communication Development;
In addition, BIS separately announced that it would be designating two dozen entities for their involvement in military activities:
- Beijing Cloudmind Technology Co., Ltd.;
- Beijing Computational Science Research Center;
- Beijing Jincheng Huanyu Electronics Co., Ltd.;
- Center for High Pressure Science and Technology Advanced Research;
- Chengdu Fine Optical Engineering Research Center;
- China Jiuyuan Trading Corporation;
- Cloudminds (Hong Kong) Limited;
- Cloudminds Inc.;
- Harbin Chuangyue Technology Co., Ltd.;
- Harbin Engineering University;
- Harbin Institute of Technology;
- Harbin Yun Li Da Technology and Development Co., Ltd.;
- JCN (HK) Technology Co. Ltd.;
- K Logistics (China) Limited;
- Kunhai (Yanjiao) Innovation Research Institute;
- Peac Institute of Multiscale Science;
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd.;
- Qihoo 360 Technology Company;
- Shanghai Nova Instruments Co., Ltd.;
- Sichuan Dingcheng Material Trade Co., Ltd.;
- Sichuan Haitian New Technology Group Co. Ltd.;
- Sichuan Zhonghe Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Skyeye Laser Technology Limited;
- Zhu Jiejin.
Once these restrictions go into effect, the export, re-export, or in-country transfer of items subject to the Export Administration Regulations to these entities without a BIS license will be prohibited.