- Death of contract didn’t kill arbitration clause. http://media.ca1.uscourts.gov/pdf.opinions/19-1865P-01A.pdf
- Lack of detail in proof of patent and trademark claims’ weakness doomed winning defendants’ request for attorneys’ fees. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/19-1454.OPINION.6-8-2020_1600475.pdf…
- Contractor suing for improper early termination couldn’t use past profits to estimate future ones. http://ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/19/19-30395-CV0.pdf
- Man who wanted picture of dollar sign strangling Uncle Sam on postage stamps can sue USPS for discrimination. https://cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/651D46BC0EA8EFAC85258582005175A4/$file/19-5168-1846267.pdf
- Southwest’s contract of carriage didn’t promise passenger it wouldn’t run out of de-icer and have to cancel his flight. http://media.ca7.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/rssExec.pl?Submit=Display&Path=Y2020/D06-10/C:19-3001:J:Hamilton:con:T:fnOp:N:2529237:S:0
- Does option to convert debt to equity at 35 percent discount run afoul of New York usury statute? https://ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/d60e1dc8-73d5-41ee-ae0c-eeac5cc286af/1/doc/18-3023_opn.pdf#xml=https://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/d60e1dc8-73d5-41ee-ae0c-eeac5cc286af/1/hilite/
Because my practice focuses on complex commercial disputes–especially antitrust, energy, and intellectual property–I keep daily track of important decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court, the 13 U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the highest appeals courts in Delaware, New York, and Texas.
Check out my profile on the Susman Godfrey website.