Write Code. Fight for Justice.
In the U.S. alone, 86% of civil legal needs go unmet. Especially in light of COVID-19 and recent racial justice related issues, legal assistance for those in need has never been more crucial.
At Paladin, we envision a future where a global network of attorneys and legal organizations work together to deliver pro bono services to low-income individuals. We are building a team of self-starters, design thinkers, and visionary coders to create that future.
Today, our software is used by top law firms, corporate legal teams and legal service organizations to work together in the delivery of pro bono legal services to those in need. We are scaling our customer base and making investments in the future of our product. We are looking for an experienced and creative engineer to be an anchor on our small but growing team and help us scale.
This is a role for an engineer who has significant backend experience and some exposure to frontend development.
In this role you’ll:
- Scope, own and lead end-to-end execution of large roadmap projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- Make technical decisions that evolve our software architecture and lay foundations for the future.
- Contribute to our core SaaS product — designing and developing new domain models, implementing application services and building frontend experiences.
- Build APIs and data-driven products that offer a new depth of insight to the legal services ecosystem.
- Improve engineering team practices, processes and principles to help us be the most effective team we can be.
You might be a great fit if:
- You are excited about our mission. When you stack rank criteria for your next job, mission is at the top of the list. You believe technology can play a role in improving our society.
- You are an experienced builder. You have 5+ years of experience building products from scratch and putting them in the hands of users.
- You are self-sufficient. You want to be given big problems to tackle and the ownership to design and build solutions.
- You are a strong communicator. Being a great engineer is not just about writing code but also being able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- You are omnivorous. You’ve tackled projects up and down the stack like building APIs and integrations, creating user experiences and getting deep into data models to create analytics dashboards.
- You can thrive in the startup environment. You know how to drive down ambiguity and build consensus around solutions. You are comfortable being scrappy to get the job done.
- You can help us on our journey to becoming the engineering team we want to be.
- Backend: Python / Django
- Frontend: React JS, Material UI, Apollo, Django templates, HTML, CSS / Sass
- Database: Postgres, Redshift
- Cloud: Heroku and AWS
- Analytics: dbt, Segment, Metabase
Working at Paladin
What we offer:
- The chance to make a big impact on a small team
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- Competitive salary
- Top notch health care
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous vacation package
Paladin is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email Kristen Sonday at email@example.com. Include your resume and any portfolio work you’d like to share.