Complaint and Summons in South Dakota 

When you are served with a Complaint and Summons in South Dakota, you have a certain amount of time to respond or there could be dire consequences. If you don’t respond, a Court can agree with the facts in the Complaint and find you in default. You then have a judgment against you and the party against you can try to collect on that judgment through various avenues. In general, judgments can be enforced against you for 20 years.