Paladin is a justice technology company serving the 5.1 billion people globally who lack access to justice, especially immigrants, minorities and women. Now in light of the COVID-19 and racial justice movement, legal assistance for those in need has never been more crucial.
At Paladin, we are building a global network of attorneys and legal aid organizations to deliver pro bono services to low-income individuals at scale. We’ve built the first SaaS platform for leading law firms, bar associations, corporates and legal aid organizations to streamline and scale their pro bono programs, serve more low-income individuals, and capture key data and impact stories. We’re revenue-generating, backed by investors like Mark Cuban and Backstage Capital, and are excited to grow our team to champion our users and serve more people in need.
Today, Paladin’s platform is used by thousands of attorneys, dozens of law firms and corporations, five states, and nearly 200 legal service organizations working together to provide free legal services for thousands of pro bono clients. We are looking to hire a talented product designer to work closely with Paladin’s small but growing product and engineering teams to deliver a world-class product that has an outsized impact on the justice gap.
- Lead and iterate on Paladin’s product design, and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to inform the product roadmap, which will have a significant impact on all aspects of the business.
- Create design artifacts — including information architecture representations, user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs — to conceptualize, validate, and deliver a desirable, viable, usable, feasible, and ethical product.
- Develop consistent, modular design systems that help us ship consistent, beautiful products that our customers will love.
- Advocate for and educate the Paladin team on user-centered design practices.
- Effectively collaborate on Paladin product design with the Product and Engineering teams, and communicate design decisions internally and as needed with external stakeholders.
- You are an experienced product designer with strong user experience, user interface, and visual design skills. You have 3–5 years of experience designing products with an analogous SaaS, legal or marketplace product.
- You are outcomes-focused. You understand that a great design aligns and connects user needs and business contexts.
- You are hypothesis-driven. You love the problem, and not your solutions! You’re great at generating multiple solutions and identifying underlying assumptions to be tested and validated.
- You are a systems thinker. You love to go beyond the design of a single page or UI element and think about the interactions and information architecture of the system as whole.
- You are self-managed. You proactively plan and scope your work efforts in order to effectively sequence your work with that of product and engineering team members.
- You are a self-starter. You want to be given big problems to tackle and the ownership to design solutions.
- You are an effective collaborator. You are adept at effective remote communication and collaboration with the team and external stakeholders to drive the product design process.
- You can thrive in the startup environment. You have a growth mindset and know how to drive down ambiguity to build consensus around solutions. You are comfortable being scrappy to get the job done.
- You can help us on our journey to becoming the product and engineering team we want to be.
Working at Paladin
What we offer:
- The chance to make a big impact on a small team
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health care
- 401k retirement plan
- Generous vacation package
Paladin is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email Paladin’s CEO Felicity Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, a link to your portfolio (showcasing your decision-making process), and a few sentences of introduction. We look forward to hearing from you!