As the Director of Marketing and Business Development at Farrell Fritz, Lee Peretz brings a fresh perspective to the world of legal blogging. He joins Bob Ambrogi on This Week in Legal Blogging to discuss the collaborative process of blogging, different ways to measure success and how Farrell Fritz is dedicated to helping the community “get to a better place tomorrow.”
For weekly chats with the best bloggers in our community, with insight on what’s worked for them, be sure to subscribe to This Week in Legal Blogging wherever you get your podcasts—including:
If you’re on Apple, be sure to drop us a rating and a review.
Lee begins explaining how the firm managed to keep up community efforts even amidst remote working. Farrell Fritz boasts nine blogs with around 90 attorneys and Lee details how blogging is a collaborative process at their firm, with each blog having its own type of goal. Blogging is all about planting seeds, creating relationships and helping others— Lee emphasizes—something they’ve been able to do even more with their Portal, Farrell Fritz Intel.
- 1:12 – Lee explains how his firm adjusted to the past year and maintained a community culture through remote working
- 5:00 – How business development and marketing efforts had to adapt to the pandemic
- 6:52 – Farrell Fritz’s expertise, geographic reach and practice groups
- 8:30 – The firm’s nine blogs and how content strategy in the legal world differs from Lee’s past in the accounting industry
- 9:50 – The diversity of Farrell Fritz’s blogs and examples of certain blogging experts
- 12:40 – How blogging content is spread across all of their platforms and turned into material for events
- 15:30 – Blogging is a collaborative process
- 17:55 – Different types of goals for each of their blogs and business development opportunities received as a result of blogging
- 21:40 – The importance of consistency—in voice, presence and message
- 23:20 – Measuring success
- 25:45 – Launching Farrell Fritz Intel and what that’s done for the firm and the bloggers
- 29:00 – Lessons that Lee has learned throughout the years in blogging and business development