As the son of Lebanese immigrants, immigration attorney Raymond Lahoud found his calling at a young age. He learned “legalese” as a child to help out his mother and started attending trials for fun around age 12. It’s no wonder why he is now leading Norris McLaughlin‘s Immigration Law Practice Group as well as his successful blog, Immigration Matters. He joins Bob Ambrogi on This Week in Legal Blogging to discuss his passion for the practice of law and why he has been blogging since day one of his legal career.
For weekly chats with the best bloggers in our community, with insight on what’s worked for them, be sure to subscribe to This Week in Legal Blogging wherever you get your podcasts—including:
If you’re on Apple, be sure to drop us a rating and a review.
Lahoud details his career path and the history of Immigration Matters. The blog has helped him grow his practice group and connect with clients while offering him a way to stay on top of the latest legal developments in a constantly changing area of law. He gives further insights into how he runs his blog and offers advice on how to cover politically sensitive legal topics.
- 1:46 – Where Ray’s passion for immigration law originates
- 4:06 – His career path and how he ended up with Norris McLaughlin
- 7:31 – When he began blogging
- 9:08 – Norris McLaughlin, P.A. have a long-standing belief in blogging and helped Ray further accelerate his blog
- 10:00 – The scope of the Immigration Matters blog is large
- 11:03 – What Ray’s blogging process looks like
- 12:09 – How he picks topics for his blog posts
- 14:04 – Finding the time and motivation to write
- 15:09 – How blogging helps lawyers stay on top of the latest developments in their field
- 16:33 – How to handle highly political subject matter on the blog
- 18:59 – The impact the blog has as a business development tool
- 21:41 – Advice for law bloggers, particularly those dealing with divisive political issues