Types of Loan Modifications

Loan Modifications for People Who Have Not Filed Tax Returns or Who Work “Off the Books”

If you are unable to show documented income, you may be eligible for a mortgage loan modification. If you have not been able to get a loan modification because of working off the books or failing to file tax returns, new modification programs may apply to your situation. You may now be able to get modified. Complete modification applications are not required if you have a government-backed loan.

If you have been unable to show income and have not been approved for a loan modification as a result, contact the Law Office of Ira J. Metrick today to discuss your options. Here is some more helpful information about federal loans.

Do I Have a Government-Backed Loan?

Federally backed loans, also called GSE (Government Sponsored Enterprise) loans, include, but are not limited to:

To find out if your loan is owned by Fannie Mae, you can got to: Fannie Mae Loan Lookup

To find out if your loan is owned by Freddie Mac, you can go to: Freddie Mac Loan Lookup

To find out if your loan is backed by the Federal Housing Authority (FHA), you can call: 1-800-CALL-FHA (800-225-5342)

You can also try calling your lender to ask if your mortgage loan is federally backed.

Our office can help you determine whether your loan is federally backed. Contact Ira J. Metrick, Esq. if you need assistance.

The post Can I Get a Loan Modification Without Documented Income? appeared first on Ira J. Metrick, Esq..