After a brief hiatus, This Week in Legal Blogging is back and we have a very special guest for our 51st episode. LexBlog Founder and CEO Kevin O’Keefe makes his debut on the show and discusses his new venture—the Open Legal Blog Archive. He joins Bob Ambrogi in this special episode and shares his vision for the archive and how he sees it benefiting lawyers, the public and the legal community at large.
For weekly chats with the best bloggers in our community, with insight on what’s worked for them, be sure to subscribe to This Week in Legal Blogging wherever you get your podcasts—including:
If you’re on Apple, be sure to drop us a rating and a review.
- 1:47 – Why Kevin and LexBlog are backing the Open Legal Blog Archive initiative
- 4:36 – What separates this from other types of publications
- 6:18 – How this is different from the other types of syndicated publications LexBlog currently has
- 7:54 – The archive will help solve a pertinent issue—the loss of legal blogging content
- 10:41 – Who will be included in the archive?
- 12:27 – The archive not only benefits the legal field in a broad sense but also individual legal bloggers
- 15:00 – The other group that benefits from the archive: the public
- 15:48 – How does the archive make money?
- 19:00 – The value and merit of creating an accessible archive of blogs
- 22:14 – If I’m interested in being a part of this what do I need to do?
- 23:14 – Kevin on the value of teaching lawyers how to blog
- 27:44 – The real benefits of blogging from the start of your career