Much like the practice group that runs it, Robinson+Cole’s Manufacturing Law Blog covers the key areas of law relevant to manufacturers and does so in expert fashion. As an environmental lawyer, Megan Baroni brings her expertise from this specific area of law to both clients and to the blog posts she writes. She joins Bob Ambrogi on This Week in Legal Blogging and shares how this interdisciplinary approach to blogging has helped her and her colleagues establish themselves as thought-leaders within the manufacturing legal space.
For weekly chats with the best bloggers in our community, with insight on what’s worked for them and more, be sure to subscribe to This Week in Legal Blogging wherever you get your podcasts—including:
If you’re on Apple, be sure to drop us a rating and a review.
- 01:21 – Baroni’s focus is on environmental health and safety issues
- 03:28 – How she went from a career in journalism to law
- 05:31 – She credits Jeff White with spearheading the blog
- 07:13 – They found a niche topic and have ‘written the book on it’, so to speak
- 09:19 – What makes their practice group unique is its interdisciplinary nature
- 11:47 – Their approach to blogging on a broad topic
- 14:44 – How their team splits up blogging responsibilities
- 17:34 – They’ve spent a great deal of time writing about COVID
- 20:29 – They utilize their blog analytics to help guide their approach
- 21:58 – The blog has been an effective business development tool for their group
- 23:27 – Their guidelines for a good blog post: keep it concise and conversational
- 28:01 – Blogging ensures Baroni is always on top of the latest developments in manufacturing