Bickerton Law Blog | An in-depth look at law news with legal analysis by Bickerton Law. New articles every Monday and Thursday.
The Pennsylvania State Police Belle Vernon barracks announced that they will be conducting a DUI checkpoint somewhere in Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland counties over Labor Day weekend.
According to the press release, no additional information will be given about the precise location of the checkpoint.
- The Pennsylvania State Police will be operating a DUI checkpoint in the Belle Vernon barrack’s jurisdiction during Labor Day weekend.
- The Belle Vernon barracks covers Fayette, Washington, and Westmoreland counties
- The PSP did not offer a specific location or county for the planned checkpoint.
- At DUI checkpoints, drivers are often cited for motor vehicle violations, vehicle code infractions, drunk driving incidents, and drug possession charges.
- Pennsylvania has enhanced punishments for people who have been convicted of more than one DUI
- Pennsylvania has enhanced punishments for people who are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol with a minor in their vehicle
The post DUI checkpoint: PA State Police announces holiday drunk driving enforcement first appeared on Bickerton Law.