U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has officially announced the FY2024 H-1B Cap Registration dates. Below is a summary of some information that you should know:
- This year’s initial registration period for the H-1B cap lottery will be from noon Eastern on March 1 to noon Eastern on March 17, 2023.
- Caution: H-1B Cap Registration ends at noon on March 17, not at the close of business nor at midnight.
- Registrants can create new myUSCIS accounts beginning at noon Eastern on February 21 and attorneys/representatives may add clients/registrants to their existing myUSCIS online accounts at any time–but no registrations may be submitted on behalf of beneficiaries until March 1.
- Beware that registering multiple times for the same beneficiary can result in disqualification.
- The registration filing fee is still $10 per registration.
- USCIS will assign a confirmation number to each registration for tracking registrations.
- If USCIS receives enough registrations by March 17, the agency will randomly select registrations and send selection notifications to registrants through users’ myUSCIS accounts to indicate which petitions may be filed (i.e., which registrants “won the lottery”).
- In the unlikely event that USCIS doesn’t receive enough registrations to fill the cap by March 17, all properly submitted registrations will be selected.
- As in past years, USCIS intends to notify account holders by March 31.
- An employer may only file a cap-subject H-1B petition based on a selected registration and for the beneficiary listed in the selected registration.
- To facilitate the FY 2024 H-1B cap season registration process, the U.S. Treasury Department approved a temporary increase in the daily credit card transaction limit in response to high demand in prior registrations that exceeded the daily limit.
Please contact me directly with inquiries if you are interested in participating in the H-1B Cap Registration at email@example.com or contact your Fox Rothschild attorney.
Catherine Wadhwani is a Partner and Co-Chair of the Immigration Practice Group at Fox Rothschild LLP. For more than 25 years, her practice has focused on business immigration law and compliance, primarily in the health care, general corporate and academic sectors. Ms. Wadhwani’s practice covers the United States and Consulates worldwide. She is based in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. Please contact Ms. Wadhwani at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 412-394-5540.