S-Corp taxes recently changed in Illinois. The state legislature recently passed SB 2351, a corporate tax reform law, that has significant ramifications for S-Corporations (“S-Corps”). Before diving into the law and why it matters, we should cover some background information.
G & G Law, LLC Blogs
Latest from G & G Law, LLC
In 2022, several new laws went into effect in Illinois that could impact your business. In this blog post, we will dive into each of those new laws and how they may affect you, although this is not an exhaustive…
1099s For Lawyers
This is a guest post by Jill Ulett of Accounting Girl, LLC
Although you are not required to send 1099s to corporations, there is an IRS requirement to send 1099s to all attorneys regardless of their corporate…
- S Corps may seem complex, but they are actually a quite simple tax designation.
- Not all small businesses will benefit from an S-Corp designation, and the decision to file as one is very individualized.
- If filing as an S Corp
- A well-negotiated commercial lease can lead to a happy landlord-tenant relationship.
- However, unlike residential leases, commercial leases contain very few protections for the tenant.
- Sometimes you can negotiate for favorable terms. Sometimes your best option is to walk away.
- Trademarks are a key part of people’s businesses, protecting their names, logos, and associated phrases.
- Office actions are like roadblocks to getting your trademark registered.
- Some office actions are easy to predict and get around, but others might force you
The following transcript has been edited for clarity and conciseness. You can view the entire livestream here.
Michelle: Thank you, Rebecca, for being here. Rebecca has done a ton of deep diving into trademarks and trademark law over…
- As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, only three new laws take effect this year that affect Illinois businesses.
- The statewide minimum wage increased.
- The minimum wage in Chicago will increase this summer.
- Chicago has also extended some licensing and
- The USPTO is raising many fees in 2021.
- Some other fees will decrease or go away.
- A trademark is still a worthwhile investment
Trademark Cost Change: USPTO Updates Fees in 2021
How much does a trademark cost? The answer is…
You know the glorious feeling of an unsolicited accolade? From a compliment in passing to an unexpected thank-you gift, it feels good, if often hard to accept. Practitioners of law are notoriously staid – and let’s be honest, business lawyers…