- S Corps may seem complex, but they are actually a quite simple tax designation.
- Not all small businesses will benefit from an S-Corp designation, and the decision to file as one is very individualized.
- If filing as an S Corp
G & G Law, LLC Blogs
Latest from G & G Law, LLC
- A well-negotiated commercial lease can lead to a happy landlord-tenant relationship.
- However, unlike residential leases, commercial leases contain very few protections for the tenant.
- Sometimes you can negotiate for favorable terms. Sometimes your best option is to walk away.
- Trademarks are a key part of people’s businesses, protecting their names, logos, and associated phrases.
- Office actions are like roadblocks to getting your trademark registered.
- Some office actions are easy to predict and get around, but others might force you
The following transcript has been edited for clarity and conciseness. You can view the entire livestream here.
Michelle: Thank you, Rebecca, for being here. Rebecca has done a ton of deep diving into trademarks and trademark law over…
Continue Reading Making Your Mark: Your Trademark, Your Business, and You
- As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, only three new laws take effect this year that affect Illinois businesses.
- The statewide minimum wage increased.
- The minimum wage in Chicago will increase this summer.
- Chicago has also extended some licensing and
- The USPTO is raising many fees in 2021.
- Some other fees will decrease or go away.
- A trademark is still a worthwhile investment
Trademark Cost Change: USPTO Updates Fees in 2021
How much does a trademark cost? The answer is…
Continue Reading Trademark Cost Change: USPTO Updates Fees in 2021
You know the glorious feeling of an unsolicited accolade? From a compliment in passing to an unexpected thank-you gift, it feels good, if often hard to accept. Practitioners of law are notoriously staid – and let’s be honest, business lawyers…
Continue Reading G & G Law: Best-in-the-Business Lawyers
Post written by Ian Saderholm
I first heard the name “Shonda Rhimes” in college. My friends were raving about this new hit drama called How to Get Away With Murder. I never watched it, so I took merely passing notice.…
Continue Reading Shonda Rhimes: The Face of the Future of Business
- Face masks are required in Illinois.
- Employers are required to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities recognized by the ADA.
- Accommodations regarding masks vary by situation, but the ADA is not a blanket protection against wearing a mask.