Our employment webinar on Employees vs. Independent Contractors is now available to view on YouTube. Thank you to everyone who attended! Subscribe to our newsletter here to receive updates and notifications for future webinars, whether another employment webinar or on
G & G Law, LLC Blogs
Latest from G & G Law, LLC
A bunch of legal updates take effect for small businesses in 2023.
- One new law expands the definition of “racial discrimination” to include hair.
- One new law increases the minimum wage.
- One new law increases workers’ rights to take leave.
- PLLC owners must register their business with the IDFPR, in addition to their personal registration.
- The IDFPR started cracking down on PLLCs a couple years ago.
- The registration process is obscure and hard to navigate, and help is hard to
- On July 1st, two of Chicago’s municipal ordinances will see scheduled updates.
- The city’s minimum wage will increase.
- Certain employers will have to post schedules two weeks in advance.
July 1st Employment Law Updates
July 1st will bring a couple…
S-Corp taxes recently changed in Illinois. The state legislature recently passed SB 2351, a corporate tax reform law, that has significant ramifications for S-Corporations (“S-Corps”). Before diving into the law and why it matters, we should cover some background information.…
In 2022, several new laws went into effect in Illinois that could impact your business. In this blog post, we will dive into each of those new laws and how they may affect you, although this is not an exhaustive…
1099s For Lawyers
This is a guest post by Jill Ulett of Accounting Girl, LLC
Although you are not required to send 1099s to corporations, there is an IRS requirement to send 1099s to all attorneys regardless of their corporate…
- S Corps may seem complex, but they are actually a quite simple tax designation.
- Not all small businesses will benefit from an S-Corp designation, and the decision to file as one is very individualized.
- If filing as an S Corp
- A well-negotiated commercial lease can lead to a happy landlord-tenant relationship.
- However, unlike residential leases, commercial leases contain very few protections for the tenant.
- Sometimes you can negotiate for favorable terms. Sometimes your best option is to walk away.
- Trademarks are a key part of people’s businesses, protecting their names, logos, and associated phrases.
- Office actions are like roadblocks to getting your trademark registered.
- Some office actions are easy to predict and get around, but others might force you