McFarlane Law

McFarlane Law Blogs

Latest from McFarlane Law

Generally, the answer is no. The exception is if the taxpayer owes child support arrearages.Under the CARES Act guidelines and subsequent direction, Economic Impact Payments/recovery rebates/stimulus checks cannot be offset to pay any debt except child support.

However, “normal” federal
Continue Reading I Owe Past Due Taxes. Can the IRS Take My $1200 Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS continues its pursuit of “US Citizens” who own a foreign bank account, foreign real estate, interests in a foreign company, and other assets such as brokerage accounts with credit card access. They are looking for US Citizens with
Continue Reading Do you have a foreign bank account or own an interest in foreign real estate or in a foreign entity?