- Story Highlights:
Car accidents happen every day in Florida. When it happens to you through no fault of your own, it can be a very traumatic and painful experience. Before you even have a chance to let what happened to you the insurance company is already calling you. They know that if they call you when you are most vulnerable, they can possibly convince you to sign a settlement agreement as soon as possible. The goal of every insurance company is to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible to maintain the companies profits. Personal injury attorneys are here to help prevent insurance companies from exploiting car accident victims.
When To Speak With A Personal Injury Attorney After Any Accident
Before you even go into detail with the insurance company it is important to consult with an attorney. Some common reasons to discuss what happened with an attorney include:
● You or the passengers were injured in the accident
● Someone in your vehicle did not survive
● The driver who hit you was drunk
● You went to the hospital after the accident
● The medical bills start adding up
● The accident caused long-term injuries
● It is difficult to determine who was at fault for the accident.
● You are not sure what rights you have
● You need an expert to review confusing paperwork or forms
It is important to remember that the insurance companies have experts. They have lots of money and resources. Their primary job is for the company to save money and make money for their stockholders. This is why it is imperative to have your own team of experts such as the team of Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, and Walsh to represent you. You do not want to do anything on your own other than to tell the insurance company you were in an accident.
What Does An Attorney Do For Auto Accident Victims?
There are many aspects to filing a claim and getting the money you deserve. Attorneys have a lot of resources to help you. These include the following:
• Support Staff: Your attorney will have an investigative staff that can collect data, recreate the accident, and even utilize private investigators to provide the best information to obtain the maximum settlement.
• Medical Professionals: Your attorney knows the laws in your state they can provide you with medical experts that will not only treat your injuries but can confirm your injuries were a result of the accident and explain any expected medical costs in the future.
• Time Management: You are injured, both physically and emotionally and need to spend your time healing. However, when you file a claim alone, you will be required to go from doctor to doctor for records, get the police and other reports, and negotiate with the insurance company. An attorney will take all of this off your plate, so you can focus on your health.
• Experience: Personal injury attorneys know the law and have seen it all. This experience helps them navigate the tactics the insurance companies use to cheat people out of a fair settlement.
• Higher Settlements: The average person does not really understand that the settlement is not just about damages right now. They include future expenses, emotional distress, and other aspects of your accident you don’t have the expertise to claim. Working with an attorney makes sure you get all the financial compensation you are owed.
• Represent You In Court: Should the insurance companies continue to balk, your attorney can file a claim in court and represent you. This is one thing the insurance company wants to avoid at all costs. They know that juries traditionally do not respond favorably to insurance companies and will usually settle. However, if you do have to go to court, you will have the protection and support of a lawyer.
Ultimately, after an auto accident, a personal injury attorney is your best ally. If you’ve been injured, make sure to talk to Goldman, Babboni, Fernandez, and Walsh. We offer a free case review for auto accident victims. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.