It is not uncommon to be in an accident; one can be prepared for it and ensure they have the best training. However, at times it is simply unavoidable. Some of the popular accidents include being in a head-on collision, accidents due to road works, intersection accidents, read-ending, side-impacts. Good drivers do not need to be worried about dealing with personal injury claims. If you happen to have an accident and it is not your fault you can claim compensation from the other driver.
It might be that you have been injured or the vehicle has been damaged. A medical report is essential to make a valid claim. This article provides more information on how to deal with personal injury after a car accident and how a Los Angeles car accident lawyer can help.
Tips to Deal with Personal Injury from Car Accident
It often happens that the issue is solved without any major hassle however, in the case where there is a dispute on laying blame or level of compensation it becomes hard for the average driver to deal with nasty lawyers and negotiate with insurance companies. The first thing to do is to assess your injuries and that of your vehicle and anyone in the car with you. Take the contact information of the other driver and seek medical attention.
- Avoid giving recorded statements at the crash site and do not sign any documents prior to speaking to a lawyer.
- The crash site is a gold mine, take as many photos as possible and also look for other evidence like a dashcam, witness, etc.
- Request a detailed medical report from the hospital to the extent of our damage and follow your medical advice.
- Get details on how you are unable to complete your duties to the satisfaction of the firm (if this is the case) due to your injuries with a medical report for the same.
- It is not a good idea to make your crash public knowledge hence avoid placing details about it on social media.
- Be honest with the doctor about the injuries.
- Even though the accident is not your fault; it might not be easy to gain compensation. Consulting an expert lawyer can make this process simpler.
- Some of the common accidents occur due to the negligence of the other driver. It might be that they are drunk or drugged; on the other hand, it can also be due to speeding, or reckless driving or vehicle defects.
Interesting Facts & Statistics
- There were 401,864 vehicle crashes in 2019 as per the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle.
- In 2018 there were 3133 fatalities from 2915 crashes in Florida.
- The median award for personal injury cases is different in each state.
- Almost half of all personal injury litigation cases are to do with a vehicle accident.
Benefits of Contacting a Lawyer
- A lawyer is well trained in dealing with insurance companies.
- They have the knowledge to provide the correct legal guidance.
- Have the resources and the skills to prove liability in a legal fashion.
- This is a good way to ensure the other lawyers do not force you to settle for less.
- It is the ideal way to come to a good settlement or file a lawsuit.
Saw Law is one such law firm that has the expertise to deal with personal injury claims. The lawyers here provide a wide range of legal services and have degrees from some of the most prestigious law schools in California like UC Berkeley and UCLA. You can trust the lawyers here to get you the compensation you deserve.