After nearly two years apart, ABA TechShow 2022 marked a ‘re-introduction’ into the real world as lawyers, legal professionals and legal tech leaders once again gathered together.
For many attendees, this year’s legal tech gathering was their first in-person industry conference since before the COVID pandemic began. And while this year’s TechShow presented some of the best in diverse session topics, notable guest speakers and good exhibitor attendance, perhaps the greatest takeaway for everyone was simply the reconnection.
After two long years apart, the excitement and energy at this year’s conference was almost tangible. It was an opportunity to reconnect with colleagues, partners, industry professionals and friends; and the feeling of being together again was truly second-to-none.
The pandemic seemingly made us forget how fulfilling it is to network in-person with aligned industry professionals. Being back at this year’s TechShow helped remind everyone that there’s really no substitute to fostering new face-to-face community relationships, generating new business through impromptu conversations or obtaining invaluable learning through genuine discussions with other like-minded business leaders.
In addition to the inexplicable joy of reconnecting, another notable component of ABA TechShow 2022 was its incredible programs agenda and diverse roster of speakers. This year’s conference featured several prominent speakers and hosts, as well as a wide range of engaging session topics. Session topics centered around the most useful and practical technologies available to legal professionals to help maintain, grow and advance their practices.
Overall, this year’s TechShow was all about reconnecting…and remembering the importance and value these conference connections bring. (If you weren’t able to make this year’s show, Legal Talk Network has a range of great episodes available with highlights from this year’s speakers and sessions. Listen to all of the episodes on our “On The Road” podcast!)
“On The Road” Podcast – Highlights from ABA TechShow 2022:
- What Legal Can Learn from Other Industries – Jack Newton ( CEO and Founder of Clio) and Kimberly Bennett (founder of K Bennett Law LLC) chat about improving law firm businesses by analyzing innovations in adjacent realms of industry. – host Joe Patrice (Senior Editor at Above the Law and Managing Director at RPN)
- Executing Your Marketing Plan – Jeana Goosman (Founder, CEO and Managing Partner of the Goosmann Law Firm) and Conrad Saam (Founder of Mockingbird Marketing) share tips for developing the right marketing plan for your law firm. – host Gyi Tsakalakis (Founder of AttorneySync)
- 60 in 60 – Gyi Tsakalakis (Founder of AttorneySync) and Jeannine Lambert discuss the best of “60 Sites,” “60 Tips,” and latest hot tech for legal. – host John Strohmeyer (Founder and Attorney of Strohmeyer Law)
- Modernizing Court Technology with Judge Scott Schlegel – Judge Scott Schlegel shares essential technology tips for facilitating virtual court proceedings, how they’re doing now and what tech was most helpful along the way. – host Joe Patrice (Senior Editor at Above the Law and Managing Director at RPN)
- Come Play in the Sandbox – How to Advance Legal Services Through Regulation – Lori Gonzalez (Founder and CEO of Rayna Corp.) and Damien Riehl (technology lawyer and VP of Fastcase) share highlights from their presentation on regulatory reform and its potential impacts for longstanding access to justice concerns. – host Laurence Colletti (producer at Legal Talk Network)