- Immediate Past President of State Bar of Georgia
- Lead author of Georgia Law of Torts: Trial Preparation & Practice (West, 2010-12)
- Dual board certification in Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Advocacy from the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- National board member of the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group, and active in Southern Conference of Bar Presidents and National Conference of Bar Presidents.
- One of the rare lawyers who has won a jury verdict for a million dollars more he asked for.
- Successfully handled many cases involving wrongful death, spinal cord injury, brain injury, burns and back injuries, vertebral fractures, herniated cervical discs, fractured arms, legs, hips and ankles and other injuries arising from auto, truck and bus accidents, dangerous premises and defective products.