As a consultant, Mark pioneered professional service firms’ use of market research, process improvement, and competitive intelligence to make smart business decisions. As a CMO and Chief Strategy Officer he was instrumental in shaping strategic direction and branding for O’Melveny & Meyers, Nixon Peabody, Waller, and Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie. One of the first recipients of the Legal Marketing Association’s lifetime achievement award, Mark’s many other honors include:
- Trustee and President of the College of Law Practice Management
- Included on inaugural list of the National Law Journal's "Business of Law Trailblazers & Pioneers"
- Advisory Board of “Attorney at Work”
- 2014 winner of Nashville Business Journal’s “CMOs of the Year” award
- GE-trained Six Sigma Black Belt and Champion
- Distinguished Graduate Alumni of the University of North Carolina (Go Heels!)
- Master Level Competitive Intelligence Professional (Academy of Competitive Intelligence)
- Adjunct professor and lecturer at several universities
Mark is a frequent speaker and writer on artificial intelligence, market research, competitive intelligence, branding, and business strategy. Outside the business world, he is active on behalf of environmental organizations, a Master SCUBA Diver, avid cyclist, Boy Scout leader, and proud father of two Eagle Scouts.